You can turn your landscape into a stunning retreat that you, your friends and family will never want to leave. In a home, you need a foundation. Flooring can set the stage for the furniture you select, paint colors, and the overall feel of the room. The flooring surface you select for your landscape also influences the look, feel, and how well you will enjoy your outdoor spaces. Pavers are the ideal flooring solution, because they are so durable. You can purchase driveway pavers that will hold up to frequent abuse from cars, use patio pavers to create the perfect play space, and use pavers in the design for your outdoor living room at kitchen. Installing pavers will add to the overall beauty and charm of your home.
You can try installing pavers yourself, or hire a professional. As an Orange County pavers contractor, we have received the Angie’s List Super Service award two years in a row. Our crews are professional, and a project manager is involved every step of the way. For more ambitious homeowners you can go the DIY route and follow our tips to install pavers.
- Select Your Pavers. View our online pavers collection and choose from a wide variety of paving stones. There are smooth pavers, textured pavers, and tumbled pavers. Each one has a unique look and feel. They also come in multiple colors so you can select the shade that will most complement your landscape design. We frequently post pavers specials so you can save on the pavers price per square foot.
- Use our Pavers Visualizer Tool. Take a picture of the space where you want to install pavers. You can upload your photo to our free online pavers visualize tool, select a paver you want to install, and see how it will look when the project is complete. This is an excellent way to make sure that the shade and size of paving stone is exactly what you envisioned.
- Excavate the Soil. You need to dig approximately 8” deep. Make sure that the surface maintains that depth, even if you are working on a hill or slant.
- Gravel Base. You need to lay a gravel base that is 4 6” deep. The base needs to be compacted to make sure that it will provide the stability you need to hold your pavers in place. This contributes to the overall durability of your paving stones so compact it carefully.
- Install Pavers. This is where you can get creative. Installing pavers in fun shapes and designs will give you ultimate creativity. You can use contracting colors and sizes to create interesting patterns and turn your landscape into a showstopper.
- Pour the Filler. A sand filler needs to be poured into the cracks in between your paving stones. Go over it diligently as the sand will keep the pavers from moving too much, while simultaneously giving it the flexibility that makes paving stones earthquake resistant.
- Clean Your Pavers. Pavers need to be cleaned with a broom and water. Once cleaned inspect your pavers to make sure that the sand filler is in between every crack. If not, apply more.
- Paver Sealer. Applying >paver sealer will keep your paving stones looking new longer. It makes them easier to clean, keeps the bugs away, and prevents grass from growing in between them.
Paving stones will add rustic charm and beauty to your home. You can create a garden oasis, invoke the old world charm of a European chateau, or create the best looking driveway in town. View our paver collection today and start your home improvement project.